Listening to Music During Homework?????



Do you have this argument with your teenager?  My son's earbuds are always in during homework time and I am constantly telling him to take them out.  I remind him that it is not possible for him to focus and do his best while listening to music, especially rap music with so many lyrics.  What is his response?  "Mom, I can't focus on my homework unless I'm listening to music!"  After going round and round on this one, I started doing some digging to see if perhaps he had a point.  Turns out, we are both right because this is an issue that is definitely not black or white.  How could be both be right?  Read this article from Developing Minds to learn more.  The author also gives suggestions for how to compromise with your teenager on this issue so that it is a win-win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September is National Suicide Prevention Month

Random Acts of Kindness Week is February 11-17, 2024

Teen Week - Planning for Your Future