How to Foster Independence in Your Teen

As the parent of a teenager and a preteen, I do my best to give them the life skills they need.  But sometimes it is just easier to do things myself.  Could they clean up their things in the den? Yes, but I can knock it out quickly without asking myself multiple times or yelling at anyone.  This is just one instance of how I should be encouraging independence.  In this article from Redtri.com, the author gives numerous examples of things teens should be doing for themselves.  My kids do numbers 1, 2, and 6, but I (not them) am struggling with numbers 4, 7, and 8.  This article is an important reminder of why allowing teens to do more helps them become capable and competent adults.  To read the article, visit Redtri.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September is National Suicide Prevention Month

Random Acts of Kindness Week is February 11-17, 2024

Teen Week - Planning for Your Future